The Safety Coordinator will conduct the following duties including but not limited to:
- Work independently of others, prioritize responsibilities and make decisions regarding immediate safety concerns or issues.
- Conduct safety inspections.
- Investigate causes of incidents and document to identify root cause.
- Evaluate safe working procedures and promote a safe working environment that aligns with Gowan Milling’s goals.
- Ensure compliance with Gowan Milling safety policies as well as state and federal regulations.
- Maintain Safety programs and records.
- Manage Workmen’s Comp. claims and reviews.
- Maintain OSHA 300 Logs and other reporting requirements.
- Develop and lead weekly safety meetings.
- Schedule and participate in safety committee meetings.
- Evaluate SDS’s for changes prior to production campaign startups and make necessary changes to product summary sheets.
- Ensure safety documentation is in place for new campaign startups.
- Write standard operating procedures for production specific functions relating to safety and perform and document process risk assessments.
- Proficient to train employees in LOTO, Confined Space, First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Potentially on call at any hour, days, nights or weekends.
- Supervise Safety Assistant.
To perform this job satisfactory, the candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Capable of following written and verbal work instructions.
- Strong people skills and an ability and willingness to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Possess strong technical writing skills.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding employee safety through a minimum of 3 years of prior work experience or continued education.
E-mail resumes to: MCallahan@GMILLING.com and email@example.com